Sunday, June 4, 2006

Video: Santa Cruz Bicycle Tour

Cyclist in Santa Cruz CaliforniaScreen capture from my Santa Cruz bicycle video.
Join Cyclelicious on a short, effortless, three-minute bicycle video tour of Santa Cruz, California. See the beach, the boardwalk, the boards, the boats, the bait, and the bikes. Other "B"'s you'll see in Santa Cruz include buskers, bums, bongs, beer, bikinis, bare bums, bare breasts and barbeque. There might even be bowling.

I've broken some my own video guidelines, but at least the music is cool. It's by the Ditty Bops who are on tour -- by bike. Incidentally, the Ditty Bops were in Santa Cruz the other night, but that was moving day for me.

The video was shot on my Canon PowerShot A620 at 640x480 and 30 fps. I used Microsoft Moviemaker to put this together. I'm disappointed at the resolution loss from YouTube, but I'm not willing right now to upload the 25MB file to my server. I'd like a real camcorder with image stabilization to get rid of the nasty jitter and so I can take more than 15 minutes of video.

Click here to see the video and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the video -- inspired me to want to move to Santa Cruz ... It's nice there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the resolution is a little lacking, but that lends it an artistic flavor :-) Nice tunes, nice views of the cycles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you stepped off your soapbox regarding bike travel videos and then stepped right back up to proclaim your great taste in music. ; You slay man!

    Nice vid... keep up the excellent site.

    ReplyDelete