Friday, January 23, 2009

Rapha Continental tour of California

Rapha, the British manufacturer of especially stylish cycling clothing, sponsors a Continental team that runs promotional rides in the U.S. Last August I had the opportunity to ride with the Continentals on the Page Mill-Pescadero-Tunitas loop and to watch the epic film Road to Roubaix afterwards at Palo Alto Bicycles. (The "chatty woman" is me -- hard for those who know me, to believe, I'm sure.)

Now the Rapha team is pre-riding the stages of the Tour of California. Reports will be published in Bicycling magazine, but you can get an advance peek at Velodramatic along with some of Daniel Wakefield Pasley's always stunning photographs. Single straight women will want to visit the Rapha website frequently to study the cycling techniques demonstrated by the Continental team riders.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you mean "Rapha, the British manufacturer of especially stylish cycling clothing FOR MEN,..."

    *sigh* So much women's cycling clothing is an afterthought.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothing, missjulied, is for the men. The photos are for us! Besides, I wear small Rapha wool jackets and socks, which fit me just fine. By the way, Rapha is recruiting riders for the 2009 Continental team right now and, according to my email inquiry, will consider women.

    ReplyDelete