Friday, November 17, 2006

Wichita Falls transit gets bus bike racks

The public transit system in Wichita Falls, Texas recently installed bike racks on their buses. Three of the city's buses have been outfitted with bike racks so far. The front-mounted bike racks cost $1000 each and can hold three bicycles. City transportation planning director Lin Barnett plans to equip the remaining nine buses with bike racks as funding becomes available.

I'm glad to see this news. I attended college in Wichita Falls, TX, using my bicycle to go everywhere in this small north Texas city. After I moved off-campus, I rode my bike to classes during the day, to and from my night job downtown, and -- during the summer -- five miles to my second job at a steakhouse at the north end of Wichita Falls. I did this year-round, rain, snow, shine, heat, cold, day or darkness.

Related: Wichita Falls Bicycle Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment