Monday, May 15, 2006

Where's George?

This post will get to cycling content in a roundabout way in the same way that one dollar bills circulate round-a-bout-ish. I dug through my wallet to look for a one dollar bill and found one with www.wheresgeorge.com stamped all over it. If I enter the serial number and other details about this bill into the website, I can track where where this currency has been.

The guy who originally stamped the bill emailed me shortly after I entered the info and told me about this 18 year old kid who is right now cycling across the USA. For you parents who want to instill a love of cycling in your children, you should read this background about how Charlie got interested in bicycles.

Charlie is currently just west of Yellowstone in Idaho. He'll cycle across Idaho, cut across the southeastern corner of Oregon and northwest Nevada into northern California, and eventually end up in the general vicinity of San Francisco. He's asking for places to stay along the remainder of his cycling route. Contact Charlie if you think you can help him out.

1 comment:

  1. That's freaking awesome. It looks like he's done an awesome job of planning the logistics of that monstrous trip.

    Nice story . . . and very cyclelicious!

    Cheers,

    Eric
    cyclingshots.com

    ReplyDelete