Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cycling news weekend review

Katrina ride update: Bay City News - Bike riders commemorate hurricane" describes a fairly normal Critical Mass ride in San Francisco. In Asheville, NC, though, about a hundred cyclists rode onto I-240 and shut down traffic on the Interstate.

Funerals of officers killing in cycling event could draw thousands.

Ann Arbor, MI: Local bike culture grows as more people choose two wheels for commuting and recreation.

2-year-old on bike with training wheels accidentally hits a woman during 4th of July parade, woman sues for $235,000.

Isn't that sign in the photo about the coolest one you've ever seen? Get out and ride.

2 comments:

  1. I live less than an hour south of Asheville, so I am surprised that I did not hear about this over the weekend. I am sure it was on the TV news (since Greenville and Asheville are a combined TV market), but I didn't see anything about it in the paper. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I posted about this thing in Asheville, I wondered how much the "reporting" was exaggerated in the alternative news outlet I found this at; and from an anonymous source to boot.

    ReplyDelete