Friday, September 22, 2006

September Equinox

I rode my bicycle today in honor of the September Equinox. For the North Americans, Europeans and most Asians reading Cyclelicious, this day marks the begining of autumn. The South American, Australian, and Kiwi readers know today as the beginning of spring! And for my readers in south India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and elsewhere in the Tropics, it doesn't matter a whole lot :-)

For those who cycle year-round, it's time to get your cold-weather and night-riding gear out. Dust off the lights, jackets, arm and leg warmers, ear covers, hats, and full finger gloves.

If you want to try winter cycling but live in a truly cold climate, Icebike is the best resource for information about bike riding in cold rain, snow, ice, and freezing temperatures. The discussion list is full of helpful people from around the world who can give pointers for every level of cyclist out there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still preped for Wisconsin weather. This winter is going to ROCK here in SoCal. I think I might ride even more since it'll be less that 95 degrees...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://bikewinter.org/

    IL, WI, and MI winter biking events. My favorite? The Santa Rampage!!

    ReplyDelete