Tuesday, February 17, 2009

San Jose Tour of California Photo Fail!


(Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS Image Stabilizer USM Autofocus Lens ( wrapped in a bag to protect it from the rain): $1,200

Canon EF 300 mm f4 L IS lens


Taking Tuesday off to catch the Stage 3 start in downtown San Jose: A full day of pay


A round trip bus ticket to San Jose: $8

Highway 17 Express Day Pass

Arranging a pre-start team photo shoot in advance: Free (with official media credentials)


Forgetting to bring any batteries for the camera: Priceless

no battery!





I always take a test shot before I leave the house with my camera for event shooting, but this morning I was in a hurry and failed to do that. I got all the way to San Jose and was on my way to the start when I turned the camera on... and nothing happened. I opened the battery cover and I literally felt physically ill. This day was a complete waste for me. Well, at least I have time to do laundry today, anyway.

I met up with Trackstand and he agreed to shoot some photos for me so it's not a complete loss. Thanks to several people on Twitter who tried to help me find a loaner battery in downtown.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry! That sick feeling is the worst...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have a recurring nightmare like that (arriving in the Alps and realizing I left the camera at home)! Luckily mine hasn't come true yet, but the sick feeling even happens in the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROWRRRRRRR!
    well, what nice gadget you got, that lense looks fancy, shmancy.
    The rest of the tour set ugot rolling have been excellent, Ibeen meaning to say that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the commiseration! and thank you, Meli, for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete