Friday, February 27, 2009

Torker Cargo-T bicycle headset lock

The Torker Cargo-T bicycle from SBS has a headset lock. You twist the headset lock and it stabilizes the front by locking in the forks and basket. This “anti-wheel flop” device is especially handy if you have the front racks loaded with a basket and filled with goodies.

Torker Cargo-T headset lock


This is on the new Torker Cargo-T bicycle: a cargo bike with 4130 Chromoly frame and fork, step through frame, centerstand, chainguard and fenders, 3 speed Sturmey-Archer hub, coaster brake rear and roller brake up front. Available now from SBS through your Local Bike Shop. MSRP $639.99, one size fits most.

Torker Cargo-T centerstand

Torker Cargo-T bike

2 comments:

  1. That headset looks handy. Also looks threaded, so I guess it's not a part I can fit to my bike. I hope we get to hear more about this bike. It looks like a mixed bag. Overall it looks nice, good rack situation and comes stock with a cargo-friendly stand, but the bike itself looks so small that I have a hard time imagining it carrying much of a load. And if it could carry a lot, I would wonder if three speeds would be sufficient. Still, it's nice to see more innovation that's utility-focused, so I hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Rob, I'm working to get my hands on one of these so watch for more details.

    ReplyDelete