Sunday, August 28, 2005

No news is good news

While other media outlets rage on about L'Equipe's allegations of drug use by seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, popular bike race resource Pez Cycling News has remained strangely quiet. Some speculate that Pez is taking the high road; others believe they like Armstrong too much to join this circus.

The show must go on at Cyclelicio.us, so I will be remiss if I don't report that French fans have expressed their support for Lance in letters to the editor to L'Equipe. The general opinion, however, is not that Lance is clean, but that everybody in cycling does it so leave the American alone. I'm not quite sure if I consider that good news or not.

1 comment:

  1. Clearly, there are too many things wrong with how the folks at L'Equipe conducted their "testing." But, I seriously doubt that Lance has never used any banned performance enhancing substance. In my mind, it is really not practical to think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete