Thursday, December 22, 2005

NYC: No bikes in buildings

New York cycling advocacy group Transportation Alternatives estimates 200,000 commuters are biking to their jobs in New York City during the public transit strike. Many office buildings, however, bar riders from bringing their inside, discouraging many thousands of potential bike commuters. "I have not ridden my bike to work," said Cheryl Cook. "I was told that under no circumstances can I bring my bike into the building."

Read more.

See related: , ,

1 comment:

  1. I bring my bike into my building at work
    there has been objection
    but
    I would hate to leave an expensive rig in the rain and the snow
    to be pilaged by the thieves
    to be shat upon by the birds


    so
    I still bring the bike into the building

    ReplyDelete