Thursday, July 20, 2006

Holy Comeback King, Batman!!

What an absolutely astounding comeback by Floyd Landis in Stage 17 of the Tour de France today! I was in the bike shop this morning and we were all stunned by Floyd's amazing win today, coming within 30 seconds of overall leader Oscar Pereiro. I'm glad Floyd Landis was able to overcome his mental funk yesterday, get his groove on and hammer away, destroying a breakaway and playing an incredible mental game with the other top contenders.

This year's Tour, folks, is what sports is all about.

Other reports:
Please feel free to leave a comment pointing to your own blog entry about Floyd's win today.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Fritz. Can't post at work (don't ask) so I ran home at lunch and posted the photo and congrats quickly. Not a true report, but I had to get something up and that photo pretty much says it all.

    I had to 'watch' on the computer this morning and get texts from Cubbie at the finish line, but I can't imagine seeing this in a bike shop. Must have been fantastic energy!!

    Allez Floyd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was right about the whole Planet Krypton thing . . .

    Sorry Fritz, but I had to mention it again after today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one seriously classy ride by Landis. And this is one seriously bizarre Tour. And I love it :)

    ReplyDelete