Thursday, December 21, 2006

Vonage: "Lines are temporarily busy"

The blizzard in Denver has affected my travel plans to Colorado. I've been trying for nearly 30 hours now to get through to Frontier Airlines but I consistently get the message "Lines are temporarily busy. Please try again later. Oh. One. Zero. Six."

I thought it was Frontier's 800 line being overwhelmed, but just now I called out to another number (a local one) using my Vonage "landline" phone and received the same message with the same voice! This was a Vonage redirect, not a Frontier Airlines one. Aaaagh! I tried calling Frontier Airlines on my cellphone and I got right through!

Thank you, Vonage, for making it clear that the message originated from you. NOT!

Denver Light Rail


Since I mention the Denver blizzard, I should note that while Denver RTD has suspended bus service because many highways and roads are blocked by abandoned vehicles, RTD Light Rail Service is operational. Unfortunately, not all stations are accessible because of monster drifts.

I'm not a big fan of light rail -- I think Bus Rapid Transit is a better use of transit funds, in general -- but this a good illustration of one of the benefits of commuter and light rail. It doesn't matter how clogged the freeways are, the trains can keep running at full speed.

3 comments:

  1. Bad bad weather. First Seattle raked by windstorm, now Denver buried in snow....
    If this hasn't happened yet, consider yourself tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to schedule out of here (Colorado) without much luck Yesterday my cell was useless for about 20 minutes because of the seas of traffic stuck on the highway, all of us using our phones.

    I spent a total of 4 hours on my phone today with Alaska & Northwest trying to reschedule, and they will never ever get another dime of my money. Horrible customer service.

    Anyway, we've got a small ray of hope to get out now, hopefully you'll get in here. The snow's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm not riding my bike, I take the LRT here in Minneapolis. No matter the weather, the train gets me there on time. It's great.

    ReplyDelete