Saturday, April 28, 2007

Psychopharmacology

My wife is a graduate student in Clinical Psychology. She's scheduling her courses for the summer and one of the offerings is "Psycho Pharmocology." That's drugs for crazy people.

I realize there are plenty of people who need medication to function for a variety of reasons. We have all kinds of fascinating volume laying around the home right now such as the ever-popular Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of Mental Disorders, Interview Guide for Evaluating DSM-IV Psychiatric disorders, and a multi-volume "Best Practices" guide on counseling and therapy. My bathroom reading right now is "Children and Adolescent Counseling" by a group of people with lots of letters behind their names. My wife will soon be on of those people.

I'm glad I can ride my bicycle to be well.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the truth? Sometimes I think riding the bike is the only thing that keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete