Monday, April 30, 2007

UK car enthusiast prefers bikes to get around town

A host of the British motoring show "Top Gear" Richard Hammond confessed recently that he uses a bicycle to get around town.

"Driving a Range Rover in London is pretty unnecessary," says Hammond, who also enthuses about fast, sporty cars on the BBC show. "When I am in town I get around either on a scooter, a motorbike or on a bicycle. he truth is I've always loved cycling, ever since I was a kid. I do think that if you have a meeting in London and it's 45 minutes away, you can get in an hour-and-a-half's decent aerobic exercise."

His Top Gear co-host Jeremy Clarkson ridicules him "remoselessly," Hammond says. "I've lost count of the times I've pulled up to the lights on my shiny Specialized bicycle and heard someone yell, 'Hey, mate, where's your Ferrari?'"

Top Gear website with news, features, blog, and buyer's guides. I saw this news on a local email list. Mentions elsewhere include:

No comments:

Post a Comment