Friday, January 1, 2010

Ten for 2010

Here are some of the bike events and shows I plan to do, attend, or cover in 2010. I hope to see you at some of these things.

  • Mountain Biking in Santa Cruz this weekend.

  • North American Handmade Bicycle Show will be in Richmond, VA February 26 - 28. I won't be there personally; Heather Higgins (who I met on the Taiwan trip) has agreed to cover this show for me.

  • A Northern California Criterium sometime this Spring, assuming sponsorship to hold these events is available (cross your fingers). I'd go to watch and take photos. I'm open to suggestions.

  • Sea Otter Classic is the big bike consumer show associated with bike races in Monterey, California. This year, the Sea Otter organizers have added a Gran Fondo. Since I ride my bike from Santa Cruz to the venue at Laguna Seca, I've already had my Gran Fondo riding in for the week. Sea Otter takes place from April 15 to 18.

  • California Bike to Work Day on May 13, 2010. I typically do a Tour of South Bay BTWD Energizer Stations in the morning, but I've already been invited to attend some BTWD events in San Francisco. What to do?

  • Tour of California takes place May 16 to 23. Like the past couple of years, I'll be at the Northern California stages.

  • Tour de France will take place July 3 to July 25. I won't be there but just do my usual links to other authoritative sources like I've done in the past.

  • A Charity Ride (TBD). It's been a few years since my family and I have participated in a charity ride. Which Bay Area ride should we do this year?

  • Interbike, September 20 - 24 in Vegas, Baby. Of course I'll be at North America's biggest bike show, unless I end up on another last minute whirlwind adventure.

  • San Francisco Bike Expo November 2010 sometime.


What else should I add to my list?

9 comments:

  1. Tulsa Tough, of course. Last year, Floyd Landis. This year, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, not a bad idea -- I could combine a bike ride with a visit to the family in McAlester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Interbike. I don't really like Vegas, though, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grand Illinois Trails and Parks ride. Get some hills! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a big year! I look forward to reading about all of this, since I won't be at any of the events, though I'd love to attend NAHBS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4th Annual Bicycle Bash by the Bay, held somewhere in the Tampa Bay area (downtown St. Pete, usually). I don't think an official date has been set, but it's usually the latter part of October or the first weekend in November.

    Come on down...you'll always have a place to stay here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @GhostRider: Is that a fact, Jack?

    @Dottie: Did you make the Indy NAHBS last year?

    @Sioux: Hmm, the Land of Lincoln.

    @Steven: Fortunately there's so much going on you can mostly avoid the "Vegas" part of Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nevada City Classic or Cat's Hill Classics are, well, classics. Last year Lance, Levi and Chris showed up at Nevada City, Cat's Hill has had it's date with Mr Lemond before he hit it really big. Plus, they're close. I could offer you some photo coverage of one or both them for you, if you can't make it over the hill.

    A couple riding buddies did course marshalling for 2009 Livestrong in San Jose and had a great ride. I'll do that one, if I can.

    I've never been to Interbike - I've avoided Vegas pretty successfully. Need a camera for that?

    mnorri-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mike, Los Gatos is an excellent suggestion -- I'll probably show up to that one. Thanks for offering the photo coverage -- does Steve Hill post your local race photos?

    ReplyDelete