Friday, October 28, 2005

Cycling addiction

I turned 0x28 years old this week which I guess is supposed to be some sort of milestone. My wife is so wonderful and thoughtful; she threw a surprise party for me. She took me to a pizza place where several friends were at. I was amazed that the restaurant even participated in my party by decorating the place up with a death theme in honor of my old age -- skeletons, coffins, and grim reapers.

Everybody got me cycling stuff as gifts. Rich decorated a cake with a picture of a cyclist and his bike. My son got me the shoe and glove dryer that I blogged about last week. My lovely wife got me a big, framed Graham Watson print. Amanda gave me a plastic model kit of a bicycle. I didn't even know those things existed. Melinda bought me a really nice jersey. I received two gift cards for the Local Bike Shop.

I have other interests in my life. Really. When I think of them I'll be sure to let my friends know what they are.

3 comments:

  1. 0 x 28? Maybe my math skills are fuzzy, but you have to be older than 0.

    Oh well. Happy belated birthday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Riding a bike at your age ( 0 )?

    Kind of precocious, ain't ain't ya? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28 base 16 is 40 base 10. Happy 40th!! It only gets better.

    Paul (0x2d years old)

    ReplyDelete