Thursday, October 20, 2005

Electric bicycle kits

Seven Generational provides some handy links to providers of electric bike motors and kits.

Electric bikes are expected to be big business next year. According to this press release from a market research company, the output of electric bikes is expected to rise substantially, with new companies joining the line and many existing suppliers increasing focus on the product.

This is one of those things that some of us bicyclists get a little uptight about -- if it has a motor, is it still a "bicycle"? I really like riding the bike, but I can anticipate that I might not be able to pedal long distances some time in the future but I still want to get around in a bike-like manner. To me, an electric-assist seems like a reasonable compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment