Saturday, October 8, 2005

Snow bicycle


2004-010-023-snowy_bike
Originally uploaded by smadness.
Today was sunny with a high of 83° F (28° C). Tomorrow we'll have rain and cold, with a Winter Storm Watch in the mountains and significant snowfall expected. Monday, the wintry weather and snow will come down to where I live at 5000 feet (1500 meters) above sea level.

The problem is that I left both of my crummy weather bikes at work, meaning I'll have to ride the nice bike in the slush and salt on Monday morning. Rats.

I'm also getting a serious attitude problem. I don't feel like riding in the cold. I've been riding year-round in all weather for nearly 20 years, but this year I'm just not enjoying the cold and wet like I used to. I've actually glanced at the classifieds for cars once or twice. Help me!


1 comment:

  1. Throw out the classifieds NOW! Car = insurance, gas, repairs, parking, cage, stuck in traffic, gaining weight, seasonal affective disorder, etc. Do you really want to put up with all that crap? Eat some oatmeal in the morning, treat yourself to a new piece of clothing that is warm/fuzzy, and just get on the bike every day. Besides, it's more of an adventure in the snow on a bike than it ever could be in the snow in a car.

    ReplyDelete