Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shoe and glove dryer


Seirus QuickDry Skate, Boot and Glove Dryer



Problem: I rode in the rain this morning. I wear rain gear and put my wet socks and gloves on top of the computer monitor to dry them out. This evening when I go home the rain will have stopped, but I'll still put on damp gloves and socks and my shoes will still be soaking wet.

Solution: Lauren Cooper lives and bikes in rainy south Florida. She uses boot driers to dry her cycling shoes, socks and gloves. Some people are concerned that that using these might shrink or otherwise damage the shoes, but Lauren reports she's been using a boot dryer for several years without any problem. A small fan pulls air through the shoes and gloves. In the portable unit shown here, you can turn the heat on or off. This boot dryer will also dry one pair of shoes or boots PLUS a pair of gloves at the same time, according to the product literature.

For this particular model of shoe dryer, some thought needs to be put into supporting the unit. Other, more expensive models have their own stands.

Disclosure: I hope this is obvious, but if you click here or on the image and buy from snowshack.com, I might get a couple of bucks from the transaction. I haven't tried this product yet but I think it would be a great Christmas gift for the year-round bike commuter.

2 comments:

  1. I've been using a DryGuy for a few years and have been very happy with it. I've got the basic DryGuy (not the DryGuy 16) but it looks like they have lots of options.

    http://dryguy.net/PRD_drying.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Dry Guy gadgets look cool. I don't think I've heard of anything like these things before this week. I've seen ski boot warmers but never thought that they could be used to dry my cycling shoes.

    ReplyDelete