Friday, May 16, 2008

I can ride my bike with no handlebars

The song "Handlebars" by Denver hip hop group the Flobots is amazing. The subtle theme of the song caught me by surprise, and the animated music video accompanying the song serves to drive the point home.



If the embedded video doesn't work, this is the link to the video on YouTube.

Read more at Urban Velo. See also Flobots website.

I'll be on the Santa Cruz rail trail bike train tomorrow with my children. I hope you're having a good weekend. And for a final word for this Friday night I give you this recipe for pain: Ride 30 miles on a fixed gear bike in hot weather + jump into a cold pool = excruciating leg cramps!

3 comments:

  1. ...just riding in this heat (it IS only may, right ???) is painful or at least quite uncomfortable...climbed a few miles up the backside of the ridge here about mid-afternoon w/ the intent of going further but wussed & decided "nah, think i'll just go back down & spin on the flats for a while...
    ...definitely left me feeling toasted...

    ...btw, fritz...you better be careful...do that in the ocean & you might get yerself in some serious trouble...

    ...& please give us the full skinny later on about the bike train thingy...sounds like it could be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this song! I ended up buying the album but now I can't get that freaking song out of my head. I was riding up Old La Honda this morning singing "I can ride my bike with no handlebar... with no handlebars..." I can't decided what's worse, the burning of my legs or the burning of that song in my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live to serve, Chris. I'm glad you enjoy the song enough to drive you nuts.

    ReplyDelete