Friday, November 18, 2005

Beijing Bicycle?

What can I expect over the next couple of years of Bicycling in Beijing?. Are there any China expats or former expats (ex-expats?) who read Cyclelicious?

An American technology company is hiring operating system kernel developers in Beijing. I'm thinking about it. I grew up as the son of an expat American in Japan so I'm familiar with the whole lifestyle thing, but I'm wondering about a few specifics in China. Specifically --
  • Although state controlled sources report that it's getting better, Beijing has the worst air pollution in the world according to independent resources. How will that affect somebody like me who bikes everywhere I go?
  • I finding conflicting information about bicycle bans in Beijing. What's the real scoop?
  • Is there opportunity to ride my road and mountain bikes somewhere around Beijing? If so, are there bike shops to service these kinds of bikes? Or should I store the racers and go with a Flying Pigeon?
DVD:Beijing Bicycle

No comments:

Post a Comment