Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Buycycling

I've just received the January/February 2006 issue of Bicycling magazine and, wow, it's lived up to it's nickname of "Buycycling." There are about 25 pages of editorial content, 70 pages of advertising and -- beyond that -- anther 100 pages of two inserted catalogs from Veltec and Craft.

I've also received glossy catalogs and junk mail this past week from Performance, Nashbar, World Cycling Productions, VeloGear.com, Colorado Cyclist, Campmor, Sierra Trading Post, REI, Patagonia, two (of five) local bike shops and probably two or three others. Whose mailing lists have I managed to avoid this year?

1 comment:

  1. You get better junk mail than I do. Someone has it in their head that I want to fill my fridge, freezer, and cupboards with meat and chocolate (they got the chocolate part right, but still) and serve it all up on $200 platters. I've never had steak before and seeing an enlarged bloody slab of meat on the cover of a magazine made me want to puke, not try it out.

    ReplyDelete