Monday, December 14, 2009

3 bikes and a bike lifestyle, only $17,000

This guy is hanging it up and selling everything he owns on eBay:
I am looking for a good home for all of my cyclocross gear. You will need a large garage or basement to house my collection. With the 2010 cyclocross season 9 months away just think of all the time you will save if you buy all of my stuff.

My loss is your gain. I am selling everything I own that involves cyclocross. I had the car packed and was headed to Bend for cyclocross nationals. The weather report and course conditions sounded brutal. I searched deep into my soul, and I have become too soft to finish my 2009 CX season. This sport has broken my heart and crushed my dreams for possibly the last time. Everything must go. Everything is included. If you win this auction you will have everything you will ever need to race cyclocross, and look like a complete pro. I have decided that I enjoy buying cyclocross stuff more than racing it. So do me a favor and buy it all. Unfortunately for me I will probably buy most of it back piece by piece on Ebay later this summer when my mental stability and optimism return. Maybe I will return in 2010 rocking the one cog? Just think how much simpler and cheaper that would be. My motivation is high.... my spirits are low. Everthing listed below is real and is yours if you BID.
Via Curtis

5 comments:

  1. Ah, broken spirits; so very sad. Let's hope no one buys his gear and he finds his lost mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...hey...if he had two of those green michelin 'cross tires instead of one, i might buy everything just to teach him a lesson...

    ...c'mon...it's cyclo-cross, dude...put aside the racing for a year, just go out & ride the damn bikes & enjoy it...

    ...you'll be back, sheesh !!!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there. Several times. I first sold all my climbing gear (like 15 years ago). Then sold all my triathlon gear. All on eBay (except in pieces -- you get more money that way). I have to say I never looked back. Now books, that's another story. I've bought and sold the same book multiple times on multiple occasions. I think I won't miss it, but then I do. If cyclocross is in your blood you're making a mistake. If you search your soul and feel you are truly done with it, then by all means sell it off. A clean cut is always best. Just give it a few weeks so you can be sure. Also sell it in the summer (pre-season) and by the piece, you'll get a lot more for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems a bit extreme and almost like a cry for attention.

    ReplyDelete