Monday, December 7, 2009

Guerrila bike lanes and arrests

Some people painting guerrilla bike lanes on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn have apparently been arrested :
According to tipsters, the neighborhood's volunteer community watch group responded to reports at around 4 am that two men were using spraypaint to recreate a section of the bike lane, which the Department of Transportation controversially removed from a 14-block stretch of Bedford Avenue last week. Police arrived at the corner of Bedford Avenue and Rutledge Street and arrested two suspects, sources said.

More at Gothamist: Men Arrested Trying To Repaint Bedford Bike Lane, with attendant name calling and fear of outsiders in the comments. H/T to Katherine Roberts on the SFBIKE discussion list.

4 comments:

  1. If one of the booked individuals isn't named Yehuda Moon, I want my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to do this in Antioch where the city REMOVED a bike lane... but I don't have the equipment, cash or guts to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Curtis - I too have been tempted and like you I'm too chicken. So I just incite others to do the dirty work :-/

    ReplyDelete