Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Test your awareness and perception skills

Take this test of your awareness skills, then come back for discussion. Spoilers/hints are below so take the test first before you read any further!






A couple of people already mentioned this test in comments elsewhere, and I posted it to CommuteByBike yesterday. I passed the test and saw that "surprise ending", but I knew what to look for because I was familiar with the UIUC perception study from a few years ago that Sue mentioned.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Fritz. Me too. Both on passing the test and on being familiar with what was going to happen. For more videos that test perception try this site. Select "The Videos". I like the "Colour-changing card trick", but they are all good. (wrong link on first posting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The furry bear in the study was fairly obvious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously was too focused because I didn't even see it the 2nd time. I had to watch a 3rd time and then I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it.

    ReplyDelete