Sunday, August 9, 2009

Leadville 100 live streaming video

The Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race will offer live streaming video of race updates for the first time. They're charging $5.95 to view the live webcasts of the race.

The Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race is a 100 mile out and back race through the Colorado Rockies that begins in Leadville, Colorado at elevation 10,200 feet above sea level. Two out of three racers finish within the 12 hour time limit.

Local favorite David Weins of Gunnison won the LT100 last year, setting a new course record and beating first timer Lance Armstrong by under two minutes. Armstrong has reportedly been training hard for the 2009 race by participating in road bike races in the United States and Europe.

See also:

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for that streaming link. I can't wait for Leadville now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just realized that I am unreasonably excited for this race. I am telling my non-cycling co-worker all about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay, there's a lot to be excited about with this race.

    I hope the video works well -- I've never seen live coverage of a MTB endurance race before and I'm curious how they'll do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, are there actually any details on the video? It's not much money, but I'd like to know how to plan to spend my day. According to the site it looks like 4 segments of about 1 hour each. I was sort of hoping to be able to sit in front of my computer all day, glued to race coverage.

    So, any details?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same questions you do, man :-) I have little idea what to expect.

    But for $6 I think I'll risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here, I just signed up. 4 hours for $6 isn't bad anyway.

    I'm still excited.

    ReplyDelete