Friday, April 10, 2009

Follow Friday: Blogs I read today

A Happy Good Friday to you.

Some tweeters have started a tradition of "#followfriday" in which they list other tweeters that they follow on Twitter. I'll list some of the blogs (mostly on bicycling) that I looked at today.

Santa Cruz bike courier A PedX Courier on Ocean Street in Santa Cruz makes a delivery. Photo by Richard Masoner.
First of all, Velo Vogue has been running a neat series on how the Paris Velib program maintains their bikes: A fleet of mechanics on bikes takes care of most of the day to day maintenance, trucks do the heavy lifting, and they even use floating bike shops on the Seine for storage and maintenance.

SF Streetsblog has exceeded my expectations. I'm thrilled that the Streetsblog franchise works well in the San Francisco Bay Area and they've become a wonderful resource for transportation news and advocacy.

The Streetsblog Network highlights the interesting stories from around the United States.

Tom Vanderbilt's How We Drive.

Bennett and his baseball socksBennet rides his fixed gear bike down Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA. Photo by Richard Masoner.

Charikichi aka "Girls on Bicycles."

Rich Layman's Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space. Note to Rich: That bright green background is a little rough on my eyes.


Harsh my mellow

Rail neighbors hope to shed NIMBY image.

Michigan State student newspaper editor threatens to run over cyclists.

Adios! Have a good weekend, all.

3 comments:

  1. You are a hot shot programmer. I am not. So I can't figure out all the places where I would have to change the colors. I suppose I can go to one of those sites and hire a programmer to do a couple tweaks for me. (The other is to figure out a routine that would allow for the printing of an individual entry without printing the right sidebar, which has between 1000 and 2000 links and is therefore very long.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think that columnist simply admitted that he is an incompetent driver and lacks even a small amount of good judgment so that he might run over a cyclist. I made some other comments here.

    And Richard, since you are using Blogger, you can easily change the colors by first logging into your blog. Click Customize and go to the Layout tab (or go to the Dashboard and click Layout). Then and click on Pick New Template. You seem to be using the Son of Moto template. Might I suggest the Mr. Moto template which will preserve your present look and make the color more subtle. You get to preview it before clicking Save Template so you can try others. You will not lose your 1000 to 2000 links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turns out it's only a problem with Chrome. In other browsers it looks fine.

    ReplyDelete