Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tour of California Palo Alto prologue photos

It was a BEAUTIFUL day in the Bay Area for a bicycle race today. Thousands of fans lined the streets of downtown Palo Alto, California for the 2008 Amgen Tour of California prologue today, with folks mixing with pros and enthusiasts.

I've uploaded about 100 photos from today's prologue to my 2008 Amgen Tour of California photoset on Flickr.

20080213 055

There might be some duplicates -- I had some problems with a coffee shop Internet connection and had to restart the upload a few times.

I stayed near the start and along the middle of the prologue route on University Avenue in Palo Alto. I talked with Ken Conley and he'll post his finish line photos later this evening. You can hear commentary on today's race from me and others over at The Fredcast cycling podcast later tonight also. Send some good wishes David's way -- he crashed on the ski slopes, tore up his face and broke his thumb!

2 comments: